Spokane County SCRAPS wants to warn pet owners of the hazards the holidays can bring to your four legged friends.
"Things that make the holidays a great time of year - cookies, presents, and a house full of company - can actually be hazards to our four-legged friends," said Nancy Hill, Regional Director of SCRAPS. "We advise pet owners to take a minute to make sure their house is pet friendly."
According to SCRAPS, here are a few holiday items that can be particularly harmful to pets:
Holiday Lighting and Candles
SCRAPS said these are especially dangerous to pets that like to chew. Electrical shock can occur when a pet chomps down on an electrical cord, causing tongue lacerations and possible death. SCRAPS suggests using LED candles instead of actual flames and place them into hard-to-reach places so that pets can not access them.
Gift Wrap Ribbon